What is Digital Marketing & its Scope in India – Digital Marketing techniques have become popular in almost every field of life. A lot of companies, enterprises, and businesses have adopted digital marketing for attaining growth. In this article, we will tell you in detail about digital marketing and its scope in India.
The scope of digital marketing is increasing day by day as the world is going digital. The Internet is the fastest medium of mass communication and the number of social media platforms is also increasing. The digital methods of marketing are being used for promoting or marketing products or services on the internet.
About Digital Marketing
Digital Marketing is basically the marketing of products, services, or brands using digital technologies mainly on the internet. It also includes other forms of media such as mobile phones, display advertising, and other mediums. Many businesses have made their online presence with the help of the latest digital marketing techniques in India.
Scope of Digital Marketing
The main strategies of digital marketing are explained as follows.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) – SEO is the process of ranking your website higher than the other websites. It will increase the amount of organic traffic on your website.
- Content Marketing – Content marketing is the form of marketing that involves creating, publishing, and distributing content for a targeted audience online. There are different channels that are included in your content marketing strategy such as Blog posts, Ebooks, Infographics, Online brochures, etc.
- Social Media Marketing – Social media marketing is the process of promoting your brand or content on social media channels. This will increase brand awareness, drive traffic, and will generate more leads for business. Different social media channels include Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, etc.
- Pay Per Click – Pay per click is a technique with the help of which more traffic can be driven to your website by paying a publisher every time your advertisement is clicked. The most common type of PPC is Google Adwords.
- Affiliate Marketing – Affiliate marketing is performance-based marketing where you can receive a commission for promoting someone else’s products or services on your website.
- Email Marketing – Email marketing is a method of communicating with different audiences. This method is used for promotion of content, discounts, and events, directing people towards the business websites. You can send different types of emails in the email marketing campaign such as blog subscription newsletters, customer welcome emails, emails for customer nurturing, etc.
Benefits Of Digital Marketing
There are many benefits of digital marketing methods.
- More Traffic on Websites – You can see the exact number of visitors on your website with the help of digital marketing. This can be done by using digital analytics software. You can also see how many pages they visited and what device they are using. With this, you will come to know about the digital marketing channels that require more time.
- Content Performance – Digital marketing techniques help you in measuring content performance in a better way. You can measure how many people have viewed the content on the site. The number of people who are engaging with your content can also be determined.
- Cost-Effective Way to Market Business – Digital marketing is a very cost-effective way for marketing business as compared to traditional marketing methods. As it is difficult for small companies or for small businesses to compete with large businesses for ad space.
- Helps in Targeting Ideal Buyers – One of the most important benefits of digital marketing is that it helps you in targeting the ideal buyers. You can ensure that the right customers are viewing your content.
Digital marketing techniques have been incorporated in almost 80% of the businesses. It has already become popular in many IT companies. This is necessary for increasing the online presence of your business or company. It will ultimately help in generating better revenues for every small or big business.