Full Stack Developer Salary in UK - It is no surprise that a full-stack developer career is on the boom in this internet-driven realm. Young aspirants are looking forward to having a fascinating career in web development. They should be wondering about full-stack developer salary in UK to clock in their role in this ever-growing job domain.
Full-Stack Web Developer Career is a Thoughtful Decision
Choosing the right career path is critical to succeeding in life. It is usually a hard stride to select the best and suitable option amongst the masses. Given the ever-expanding area of internet technologies, web development has come out as one of the most demanded career prospects today.
During recent years, freshers have adopted full-stack development as a life-time career path on a large scale. Reason are many behind candidates’ inclination towards this web-based career pursuit. Besides others, full-stack developer pay scale is the top magnetizer for students. They see mammoth growth and salary hikes in this career prospect before picking it as a full-time profession.
What is a Full-Stack Developer?
We already have explained this topic several times in our recent posts. Anyway, for newcomers, full-stack developer or full-stack web developer is a crucial branch under the website development process.
We all know that website development principally includes two aspects – web design and web development. The latter element further consists of three major roles depending upon the candidates’ skills and knowledge – Front-End Developer, Back-End Developer, and Full-Stack Developer.
Front and back-end web developers are responsible for building the visual aspect (client-side) and behind-the-scene (server-side) aspect of a website, respectively. Then, what is the role of a full-stack developer?
Well, a full-stack developer is someone responsible for managing both ends of website development. In other words, the whole website development process comes under the control of a full-stack web developer. Hence, they are the jack of all traders.
Since a full-stack developer has to play plenty of roles and critical responsibilities, their salary also appears to be attractive at all levels. They earn a handsome amount of money as per their skillsets, knowledge, and work experience in the field.
What Does a Full-Stack Developer Do?
A full-stack developer is well familiar with both client-side and server-side programming aspects. They perform the comprehensive role of front-end and back-end developers to manage the whole website development process. Hence, the demand for full-stack developers keeps on rising and so is the case with the salary packages in the UK and other nations of the world.
The following are some of the key responsibilities you will have to enroll as a full-stack developer:
- Developing visually convincing front-end website architecture to ensure a smooth user experience
- Generating functional applications, databases, and servers to solidify the back-end architecture of a website
- Consolidating cross-platform optimization to make website mobile-friendly
- Developing and designing RESTful services and APIs
- Designing and implementing overall website structure
- Writing effective APIs
- Troubleshooting, debugging, and upgrading software applications
- Creating security and data protection settings
- Writing technical documentation
- Integrating front-end UI interfaces and constructing relevant APIs that function smoother
- Keep abreast of advanced methodologies in programming languages and web applications
- Ensuring web security, performance, maintainability, scalability, and usability are being monitored regularly.
Full-Stack Developer Skills
As discussed above, full-stack developers have to take care of the entire procedure of website development. Accordingly, they need to obtain a wide array of skills to host all the technicalities in the right frame.
To be a prudent player of the domain, a full-stack web developer is expected to grab the following skillsets:
For the front-end development phase
- HTML DOM
For the back-end development phase
Apart from that, a full-stack developer would also have to work with the following stacks:
Quick Reasons Why You Should Pick Full-Stack Developer Career in the UK
A website is the prime requisite of the modern business world. Consequently, the need for professional web developers keeps on rising day-by-day worldwide. Here’re some hot reasons to entice you towards this career path.
- Demand – The demand for full-stack developers is soaring swiftly across the world. All industries from new startups to MNCs looking for professional web developers to handle their digital projects.
- Growth – Similarly, there is ample room for growth for aspiring candidates. The future keeps substantial career prospects for web professionals.
- Stunning Salary – It is another magnetizing factor to induce youngsters to be professional full-stack developers. They see salary increments as they gain experience in the field.
Full-Stack Developer Salary in UK
According to the PayScale website, the average salary of a full-stack web developer in the United Kingdom is £35,276 per annum.
The full-stack web developer pay scale varies as per skillsets, experiences, the company profile, and location, etc.
Based on skillsets
- PHP - £33,717
- js - £38,100
- js - £36,206
- SQL - £34,214
Based on experience
- Less than one-year experience - £30,423
- 1 to 4 years of experience - £34,538
- 5 to 9 years of experience - £44,394
- 10 to 19 years of experience - £50,980
- Over 20 years of experience - £53,500
The opportunities for full-stack developers are on their prime status at the moment. It ultimately leads to the increment in full-stack developer salary in UK the rest of the world.
It is a thoughtful decision to opt for a full-stack developer career, given the future scenario. You will have impeccable growth space to attain heights in this ever-expanding digital era.