SEO Salaries in India - Being a critical prospect under the Digital Marketing umbrella, SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is an eminent area to a have career in. In terms of SEO salaries in India, it is already whopping with an exceptional growth forecast in the future. Avid youngsters are more prone to fall in love with the digital world. SEO could be a marvelous choice for them to specialize in.
Are you thinking of intruding in the SEO industry? You might be confused about the salary package that an SEO specialist can earn monthly or yearly. This guide is intentionally created to help you out with this concern. It will mention all about SEO careers and growth opportunities in India in 2020 and later years.
So, if you dream of having a remarkable career in the SEO market but encountering a bit confusion about different roles, responsibilities, salaries, and other perks, stay relaxed and keep reading on the piece.
What is SEO?
Since the evolution of internet advancements, digital marketing has flourished significantly. SEO is an integral part of digital marketing that has revolutionized content marketing or search engine marketing overwhelmingly.
Search Engine Optimization, as its name indicates, is the process of activities involved to optimize a website for different search engines.
In other words, SEO involves various efforts directed to enhancing the website’s position/rank on search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, Baidu, and others. It helps your visitors to find your website easily to develop brand recognition and trust.
Scope of SEO in India – Jobs & Career Opportunities
India is a country of young enthusiast generation. As per government surveys, youngsters (aging between 15 to 45 years) contribute a considerable portion of our humongous population. And digital marketing has appeared to be the first choice for youngsters to lodge as a life profession.
On the other hand, digital marketing is only a few-year-old concept in India. Now, it is thriving rapidly across the country (in fact, worldwide), and has overtaken the traditional marketing approach comprehensively.
Thereby, India encompasses great space for aspiring youngsters to have a respectful career in the digital marketing domain, especially SEO.
Following a report by Times of India, the digital marketing industry will create more than 1.5 lacs jobs in India in the coming years in different areas such as Search Engine Optimization, Social Media & Analytics, etc.
Moreover, India is among the fastest-growing economies of the globe, leading to a broader scope for employment generation and business growth. Corporations now realize the importance of online marketing and SEO for their ventures. They are making escalated investments in modern marketing strategies to boost ROI, customer reach, and credibility.
Different SEO Job Profiles with Pay-Scale in India
Since SEO has grabbed an essential place in the modern digital world, we come across various job profiles under the same domain. The ever-growing demand for SEO specialists also has led to increments in SEO salaries in India.
We have some SEO job profiles with great compensation packages. The top-ranking positions (with respective salary packages) in SEO jobs are as follow:
An SEO Trainee is a beginning level job profile. SEO Trainees work under the direct supervision of SEO Executives to share their skills and knowledge about different SEO concepts. This job profile let’s trainee absorb the latest SEO techniques overtime to prepare them for high-responsibility job profiles.
- Building links for a website
- Monitor various SEO metrics to report to the seniors
- Conduct keyword research to find relevant phrases for a business
- Conceptualize creative ideas for further improvement
Average Salary – Rs. 96,000 – 1,44,000 per annum
This is the person who teaches or guides SEO Trainees. SEO Trainers teach them about principal concepts of SEO, effective content creation, search engine guidelines, social media integration, etc.
- Providing training to juniors
- Contenting SEO Trainees’ doubts and queries
- Delivering video lectures and classes
- Design assignments for SEO Trainees to improve their practical skills
Average Salary – Rs. 6,00,000 – 8,40,000 per annum
The prime role of the SEO Analyst is to perform keyword research to identify trending and relevant keywords. They also develop quality content for a website to make it ranked high in search engines.
- Draft and execute SEO strategies
- Tracking organic SEO metrics and regular analysis
- Keyword research, backlink building, and analysis
- Performing competitive analysis to identify gaps for improvement
- Providing relevant ideas for content development
Average Salary – Rs. 2,40,000 – 3,24,000 per annum
An SEO Strategist has to perform various tasks like analyzing, reviewing, and implementing required changes for website optimization. They execute multiple SEO tactics to boost website ranking and visibility.
- Generate effective strategies as per demands
- Monitoring content optimization and competitor analysis
- Reporting performance campaigns to seniors
- Preparing detailed strategy reports
- Creating link building strategies
Average Salary – Rs. 6,00,000 – 8,40,000 per annum
SEO Consultant comes to play a wide range of duties such as website optimization, web marketing, content strategy planning, link building, and more.
- Prepare regular reports on projects
- Collaborate with web developers & designers for better implementation of changes
- Planning and executing SEO strategies
- Analyzing crucial APIs and striking to improve them
- Ensuring good relations with clients
Average Salary – Rs. 3,30,000 – 6,00,000 per annum
SEO Manager ensures better coordination and implementation of SEO & SEM campaigns for clients. They have to take care of multiple prospects to optimize the online presence of the business.
- Exercising SEO projects and campaigns to improve website/leads
- Reporting about the ongoing projects
- Track KPIs, optimizing the website landing page, and fill the content gaps
- Having regular communications with other team heads
- Recommending solutions to the issues the team faces
Average Salary – Rs. 3,60,000 – 5,40,000 per annum
Hence, SEO salaries in India are quite fascinating, depending upon the role involved. You can earn a good amount and prestige in the digital world.
SEO itself covers a wide range of operations for people with different skill sets. Undoubtedly, you will never regret your decision of entering the Search Engine Optimization segment for a life-long career. There is always space for you to unlock your potential and enjoy a prosperous career in the future.