Ethical Hacker Salary in India - A career in the Cyber Security Industry is perfectly a boon for aspiring candidates. There are many factors to affect your career path, and salary is always at the apex. Concerning the ethical hacking profile, you must be keen to know the ethical hacker salary in India to consolidate your decision.
The cybersecurity sector is coming across an exceptional phase of growth nowadays. The requirement for cybersecurity professionals, i.e. Ethical Hackers, Penetration Testers, Chief Security Officers & Analysts, and many others has proliferated immensely.
According to the Ministry of Information Technology of India, the nation would require lacs of cybersecurity professionals to sustain the internet economy in the coming years. This is the solid reason why the scope for ethical hacking in India is bouncing tremendously.
What is Hacking?
Hacking can be illustrated as a process of activities performed to gain unauthorized access to any computer system. It is to perform malicious activities after intruding into someone’s system unethically.
Once a hacker reached to your computer sitting remotely, they may delete or corrupt system files or steal crucial data/information. The chief intention behind such vicious efforts is to demand a hefty amount of Ransome or something else valuable.
What is Ethical Hacking?
When hacking is performed without permission, it is an illegal or unethical hacking. But when hacking is performed with the consent of the respective party, it is called as Ethical Hacking.
Ethical hacking is basically a good hacking that is done with a motive to get something better. Renowned software companies hire ethical hackers to find out vulnerabilities and weak areas in computer systems to fix them. It is being considered as a precautionary measure against black-hat hackers with malign intent.
Who is An Ethical Hacker?
An Ethical Hacker is a professional specialist having technical and non-technical skills and expertise in the cybersecurity domain. They possess excellent skills to identify exploits/vulnerabilities in targeted computer systems or networks.
Further, they are also known as White-hat or Certified Ethical hackers (CEH) who perform their job with the permission of computer owners. Their prime role is to assess the security posture of any business enterprise.
An Ethical Hacker is commonly recognized as a Cyber Security Specialist in the formal security industry.
Responsibilities of An Ethical hacker
An Ethical hacker generally performs the following duties:
- Defining and classifying network system resources
- Identifying potential threats to a system or network
- Assigning a degree of importance to classified resources
- Drafting a reliable strategy against serious threats after prioritizing them
- Making cyberattacks ineffective by implementing impactful tactics
- Performing various tests on resources like web, hardware and software
- Keeping network systems up-to-date with the latest vendor patches & service packs
- Developing creative strategies to counter new threats and mitigate their impact
- Creating regular security profiles and reports
- Monitoring systems and networks regularly to avoid sudden cyber attacks
- Designing and implementing advanced security policies
Ethical Hacker – Eligibility & Certification
Primarily, you need to obtain a Bachelor’s degree (BCA, BE, B. Tech, B. Sc.) in Computer Science or Information Technology to become an ethical hacker. Enthusiasts with an advanced diploma in network security can also knock the doors of the cybersecurity industry.
Besides, there are several international-level certifications you can earn –
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) (EC-Council)
- GIAC Certified Penetration Tester (GPEN) by SAN and GIAC
- Certified Hacking Forensic Investigator (EC-Council)
- Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA) can further improve the job prospects
Ethical Hacking – Scope for Career, Growth & Salary in India
A career in ethical hacking in India is in demand tremendously. As the number of cyber threats is increasing, the demand for professional Cyber Security Specialists has also uplifted significantly. Hence, the future is safe in the cybersecurity industry as no business organization wants to be left susceptible to threats.
Furthermore, the move of businesses towards cloud-computing also fuels up the demand. It also brings inconsistencies and security patches to maximize threats. Similarly, attackers like Ransomware are becoming more sophisticated day-by-day. Professionals are needed to encounter the same.
Among other reasons for a wider scope, an increasing number of internet users as well as budgetary allocations towards cybersecurity.
Ethical Hacker Salary in India
If we talk about the Indian scenario, we encounter a satisfying discovery with regard to the ethical hacker’s salary in the country.
According to the PayScale report, a Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) gets Rs. 4,96,647 as a salary in India. However, it tends to fluctuate as per location, company, experience and skills, etc.
Based on Skills/Role
- IT Security & Infrastructure – Rs. 6,83,676
- Security Testing & Auditing – Rs. 6,19,354
- Cyber Security – Rs. 7,18,407
- Security Policies & Procedures – Rs. 1,002,069
- Security Risk Management – Rs. 8,43,869
- Network Security Management – Rs. 5,96,719
- Penetration Testing – Rs. 5,46,811
Based on Company
- Wipro Technologies Ltd. - Rs 1,01,980 - Rs 8,00,000
- Tata Consultancies Services Limited - Rs 2,90,874 - Rs 6,30,000
- Infosys Limited - Rs 1,21,641 - Rs 9,10,630
- Ernest & Young - Rs 3,16,266 - Rs 7,52,553
- Paladion Networks – 2,14,551 – Rs. 5,09,714
Based on Location
- Mumbai - Rs 2,18,305 - Rs 1,072,867
- Chennai - Rs 2,41,957 - Rs 9,13,540
- Hyderabad - Rs 2,36,718 - Rs 9,82,635
- Bangalore - Rs 2,56,635 - Rs 1,133,880
- Pune - Rs 2,54,028 - Rs 1,043,389
The Final Thought
Irrespective of industry nature, ethical hackers have become the prime need for business organizations. It is of utmost importance to protect business or customer data in this competitive business arena. Thereby, organizations are looking forward to hiring certified ethical hackers in India.
As per the ethical hacker salary in India, it seems promising for aspiring candidates who desire to have a career in this sector. They just need to adopt the right set of skills and affiliated certification to get hired in a reputed firm. The future is full of growth opportunities that you need to cultivate with both hands.