Digital Marketing Salaries in India - It is an era of digital marketing. The internet evolutions spawn the spread of online advertising techniques to gain an edge over competitors. When it comes to looking for a career in this segment, humongous career and job prospects involve there. Digital marketing salaries in India is enough to woo the young generation to the digital world.
This guide will emphasize the digital marketing, and other crucial aspects involved, especially the salary package. The average salary of digital marketers is typically higher than most other jobs with the same experience level. Further, it also varies department-to-department under the segment.
Before we move ahead to discuss the digital marketing salary, let’s consume a brief description on digital marketing and how it is dominating the advertisement industry.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing or online or web marketing is simply the process of advertising products/services via digital channels over the internet.
Hence, online marketing involves various efforts we put to market anything using various internet-based channels. The prime channels are websites, social media platforms, mobile apps, online software, search engines, etc.
Additionally, there are some other crucial and proven internet marketing strategies to get the desires the results:
- Search Engine Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization
- Pay Per Click
- Social Media Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Brand Promotion
- Online Reputation Management
Why is Digital Marketing Industry Growing Rapidly?
Below are some of the certain causes behind the immense popularity of online marketing. In the present competitive arena, digital marketing is growing substantially because of the following reasons:
- First, it provides equal growth opportunities for small-to-medium-to-large scale industries.
- Digital marketing is a relatively cost-effective approach to traditional marketing techniques.
- It ensures a better platform for brands to interact with the audience on a one-to-one basis.
- Most significantly, under digital marketing, results are measurable and trackable.
- Further, web marketing ensures a quick connection between the brand and customers.
- Moreover, it helps in developing an online brand reputation and solidifies the audience base.
Digital Marketing – Types of Roles and Their Pay Scales
As we have illustrated in the above section, digital marketing incorporates a multitude of departments that work collectively to boost your online presence. Consequently, we come to grab a huge space for a career in digital marketing.
Further, different departments have different roles to perform with specific responsibilities and salary packages. In the following discussion, we will go through some important roles or positions in the digital marketing industry. It will cover their key responsibilities & pay scale as well.
Digital Marketing Manager
It is truly a respected job profile with a high pay scale. They need to have a deep knowledge of various digital marketing fields to perform his role efficiently.
- Plan, organize, and manage online marketing campaigns
- Managing budgets in line with different prospects
- Measure & analyze performance standards for future policies
- Manage social media campaigns
- Supervise SEO, PPC, and other practices in contrast with the end goals
Average Salary: Rs. 4,00,000 – Rs. 18,00,000 per annum (4 – 8 years of experience)
Digital Marketing Executive
These are the experts who execute, plan, implement, and manage various digital marketing-related strategies.
- Develop, plan and implement online marketing strategies
- Managing marketing strategies and channels
- Promoting online content, SEO performance, and Google Analytics results
- Bringing creative ideas for different campaigns
- Providing training and guidance to the team involved
- Monitor ROI and KPIs and forecast sales
Average Salary: Rs. 8,35,000 per annum (5 - 9 years of experience)
Digital Marketing Fresher
These are the individuals who take care of the implemented marketing strategies by their seniors. They try to grab the maximum knowledge to improve their performance.
- Taking care of web marketing strategies
- Improving online content
- Follow and execute proven marketing practices
- Create astounding infographics
- Absorbing the latest marketing tactics
Average Salary: Rs. 3,67,503 per annum (1 – 4 years of experience)
PPC Analyst (Search Engine Marketing Analyst)
PPC Analyst has the role of promoting brands using paid advertisements (Google Ads, for example) over search engines.
- Creating, implementing, and managing effective paid marketing campaigns
- Researching relevant keywords and maintaining keyword bids
- Handling monthly budget
- Managing ad campaigns on social media platforms
- Improving quality score to secure the maximum clicks and trustworthiness
Average Salary: Rs. 2,50,000 per annum (1 year of experience)
SEO specialists or experts are deployed to manage SEO strategies to bring in sustainable traffic through organic search results.
- Developing and implementing relevant SEO strategies
- Understanding Google ranking algorithms to draft better policies
- Acquiring regular updates on search engine guidelines
- Solidifying search engine rankings using various tools like SEMRush, Ahrefs, Search Console etc.
- Measuring performance using analytical tools
Average Salary: Rs. 2,20,000 per annum (1 – 2 years of experience)
Content Marketing Manager
Content can be in any shape like text blog, video, infographics, podcasts, visuals, email, images, and more.
- Creating valuable content to promote business on different channels
- Improving brand awareness, reputation, and customer loyalty
- Solidifying customer engagement and participation
- Managing content on social media platforms
- Managing guest posts to obtain quality backlinks
Average Salary: Rs. 2,00 ,000 – Rs. 4,00,000 per annum (0 – 3 years of experience)
Social Media Marketing Specialist
SMM Specialist is responsible for improving the brand’s reputation across various social media channels.
- Create engaging posts to spread on social media
- Answer queries raised on social media platforms
- Develop & execute engaging campaigns on different social media networks
- Understanding social media tools like Buffer, Buzzsumo, Hootsuite, etc.
- Monitoring online trends to create better social media marketing strategies
Average Salary: Rs. 1,50,000 – Rs. 3,50,000 per annum (0 – 3 years of experience)
The Final Say
Digital marketing is indeed a lucrative area when it comes to finding a thriving job specialization. The digital marketing salary in India is quite fascinating for youngsters to start a career with. However, it includes a broader scope for growth over the years.
Before you chose a respective area of your expertise, you also need to make sure the area interests you most and you can go a long way with it. Undoubtedly, digital marketing is the future of the job market.